Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Day 28: “Gift” to family

Day 28: “If you only have 9 days to live, what will you do each day? Write it”

3 days to live, “Gift” to my family

I just received my salary yesterday. It’s feels great after you working so hard in one month and then your company pay you back in certain amount of money.

When you live alone and all you want is make yourself happy, your entire mind and feeling was stuck only for yourself, you’re too easy to get emotional, bored, and angry and always hoping the entire world will help you. Monthly salary for this lonely person will affect them only at first week of every month, because they will use it for themselves only.

But, if you live for you and your family, believe me, you will be focus with what you do for living and how you manage your life. You have the basic “why” needs that burnt your mind and body to achieve fundamental meaning and happiness in life.

Even though my parents can generate their own cash flow, it doesn’t mean I can lose my responsibility as their son. I’ve been in the position where I just take my monthly salary for granted. I only used for myself and share low percentage to my family.

You know what I feel? Happy is a matter of days only, I spend most of my money for “fun” stuff. I still remember the laugh and smile for a moment and realize that I spend my money without meaning. I know I could do better than that, but I just keep the same life style for another year.

Then, next time, I tried to do different things. I keep low percentage of my salary for myself, and use high percentage of it to my family. First, I gave my monthly salary to my mom. At first she said “what for?”, because is not her birthday, and there is no event at that time. Then I just say, “is a gift for you, mom”. I didn’t say anything about what is the purpose, all I did just give it to my mom as a gift. Then I also start to give it to my father, sister, brother and grandmother. Do you want to know what I feel next?, happy is not for a moment anymore this time, it is everlastingJ. I will always remember the looks of how my mother smile, I still remember the cheer of happiness in my sister face when I gave her first bank account, and expression of my father face, when I gave him money, and he just confuse with the purpose. Since that I realize happiness is meaningful if I involve family in the same part of happiness.

This last month salary I dedicated to my beloved sister who will be in college soon. Enjoy, hoho…

1 comment:

nadia amelia said...

what a wise man :P